Police Arrest Jung Joon-Young After His Admission of Guilt

Singer-songwriter Jung Joon-young has been arrested. It is the first celebrity arrest in the “Burning Sun Gate” scandal.

On Thursday at 8:50 p.m., police arrested singer-songwriter Jung Joon-young on charges of violating the Sexual Violence Crime Laws. With his arrest, Jung becomes the first entertainer to be arrested in connection with the “Burning Sun Gate,” the title given the convoluted investigations of those connected to nightclub Burning Sun, Lee Seung-hyun, popularly known as Seungri, and Jung Joon-young.

Appear at the court at 9:35 a.m. on the same day, police questioned Jung hours before his arrest from 10:30 in the morning to 12:17 in the afternoon. Prior to the warrant hearing, Jung stood before the press where he apologized using a prepared script. “I’m really sorry,” he said, and “I committed an unpardonable crime. I accepted all the charges against me. Today, we will not argue over the allegation and follow the court’s judgment.”

Jung Joon-young issues an apology and admits to charges of violating Sexual Violent Crime Laws – OSEN News

Jung also issued an apology to those he victimized. “I once again apologize to the victims. I apologize to all of the women who have been damaged through no fault of their own, and to all those who have shown interest and affection to me so far. For now on, I will sincerely cooperate with the investigation process and reflect on what I have done for the rest of my life.”

Jung wept while reading the apology and stopped talking at once point due to his tears. However, he did not answer questions from reporters following his statement. In particular, Jung kept mum on whether he received consent from the victims before share the illegally filmed videos.

As a result, public criticism of Jung as intensified. Many say that his “crocodile tears” were fake and just a device to avoid arrest. However, tears are not a valid legal reason for police to not complete an arrest warrant.

On the day of the arrest, Lim Min-sung who is a judge at the Seoul District Court, said that with the status of crucial material evidence submitted, the circumstances of and after the crimes were committed, and the progression of the investigation so far that the “reason for the arrest of the accused and its considerable validity are recognized.” Further, there was also a concern that Jung may destroy evidence, although he has submitted three mobile phones for digital forensic investigation.

Jung is suspected of spreading filming and sharing sex videos in group chatrooms he shared with other celebrities without permission. Some of the stars in these chatrooms include Lee Seung-hyun, former Highlight member Yong Jun-hyung, former F.T. Island Choi Jong-hoon, and CNBLUE member Lee Jong-hyun. Additionally, authorities believe that Jung shared at least ten videos since late 2015.

 

 

Source

By O.C

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM

Police Charge Son Seung-Won With Driving Drunk and Without a License

A judge granted police an arrest warrant for actor Son Seung-won after he caused a car accident on December 26.

Image source – Ilgan Sports

Authorities have arrested actor Son Seung-won for drunk driving and for operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver’s license. The Seoul Central District Court issues a warrant for Son on Wednesday saying that his crime is clear. Further, it said that the reason for the arrest and the necessity for it were recognized.

Son’s arrest stems from an accident that actor had on last year on Dec. 26. The incident, which occurred at the in the Cheongdam district of Seoul, injured two people. At that time, police discovered Son about 150 meters away from the crash site and suspected that he had attempted to flee from the scene. CCTV footage later confirmed their suspicions.

A test determined that the actor had a blood alcohol level of 0.206%, enough to have his driver’s license revoked. However, the authorities discovered that it had already been suspended from another drunk driving incident that happened a few months before in September. Notably, Son driving record shows that he has had three other DUIs, with the one in September included.

As a repeat offender, prosecutors have said that they do plan to apply the Yoon Chang-ho Act to his case. The act deals out more severe punishment to criminals charged with drunk driving. If applied to Son’s case, he will be the first entertainer charged under the act since it was passed last November.

 

 

Original article

Translated by O.C

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM

Singer-Turned-Actor Cha Ju-Hyuk Arrested for Drug Use

Cha Ju-hyuk was arrested for drug use just 14 days after he was released from prison, sending shockwaves through his career.

Judge Park Bum-seok of the Seoul Central Court issued an arrest warrant on Thursday for Cha Ju-hyuk after authorities conducted a pre-arrest investigation. The warrant comes after police arrested the actor for disturbing the peace at an apartment in Seocho District around 4 a.m. on Tuesday. He was also charged with verbal abuse by hurling excessive insults at the police during the arrest.

Authorities later obtained circumstantial evidence that Cha had taken drugs. He later admitted to police he took drugs. His confession was backed up by a test conducted with his consent that had a positive result. Currently, there are three charges held against Cha including violating the drug management law, refusing to leave the apartment complex, and verbal abuse.

Image source – OSEN News

The news about Cha is particularly shocking as it happened just 14 days after he got out of jail for a drunk driving accident. Moreover, a few years ago in 2016, he was indicted without detention on charges of smoking marijuana he got from an acquaintance three times. At that time, he was charged for buying and even selling drugs.

 

 

Original article

Translated by O.C

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM

Goo Hara Continues to Fight Despite the Court Rejecting Arrest Warrant for Choi Jong-Beom

Goo Hara announces to keep taking legal action despite the court rejecting to issue an arrest warrant for Choi Jong-Boem.

On October 25, a representative of Goo Hara reported, “Goo Hara returned from the States yesterday, after carrying out her personal schedules.” Then, they further added that she will continue to take legal action through her legal representative regarding the fight against Choi Jong-Beom.

Meanwhile, the police recently requested an arrest warrant for Goo’s ex-boyfriend, Choi Jong-Beom, regarding his action of blackmailing the singer with their sex tape. While the police concluded that Choi did not leak the video to other parties, they still considered the act of blackmailing as a severe injury crime.

When the media alerted the news of the police requesting an arrest warrant, Goo’s side did not add much of a comment. The legal representative of the singer only said, “we have no further comment regarding the case.”

While the request passed through the prosecution, the Court rejected at the last step. Judge Lee Eon-Hak of the Seoul Central District Court said, “it is hard to recognize the reason or necessity for arresting the defendant. This is because there is no circumstantial evidence to suggest that it (the sex tape) was leaked to a third party.”

Original Article
Translated by Dasol Kim

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM!

Police Determine Go Hara’s Ex-Boyfriend Did Not Attempt to Distribute Sex Tape

Earlier this month, it was reported that Go Hara’s exboyfriend Choi Jong-beom had threatened to release a sex tape of the two. In response, police launched an investigation to determine if he attempted to share the video.

Image source – OSEN News

Police raided Choi Jong-beom‘s home, car, and beauty salon to secure electronic equipment such as mobile phones for their investigation. With these electronics, the police looked to discover any evidence of any attempts to share the video by restoring data through digital forensics.

After assessing the collected evidence, the police judged that there were no circumstances in which Choi distributed the video. Further, After a cross-examination between Go Hara and Choi, police filed an arrest warrant for Choi on October 19. More, the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office also requested a warrant on Tuesday, but the warrants were rejected.

After a final examination on Wednesday morning, Seoul Central District Court Judge Lee Eon-hak said that “It is hard to recognize the reason or necessity for arresting a defendant.” Judge Lee was in charge of determining whether the arrest warrants were justifiable. Additionally, Judge Lee explained that “there is no circumstantial evidence to suggest that it (the video) was leaked to a third party…”

 

 

Original article

Translated by O.C

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM

Police Request Arrest Warrant for Goo Hara’s Ex-Boyfriend Choi Jong-Beom

The police have requested an arrest warrant for Goo Hara’s Ex-boyfriend, Choi Jong-Beom.

On October 22, Seoul Gangnam Police Station reported, “we have requested an arrest warrant for Choi Jong-Beom on October 19, regarding charges including blackmailing. The prosecutor’s office accepted and submitted the request to the court, today.”

Previously, Goo Hara got involved in an assault case with her ex-boyfriend, Choi Jong-Beom. The fight between the two became an issue when Choi called the police on Goo for causing bodily damage. However, the case soon got messier with a revelation that Choi also threatened the singer with their sex tape.

On September 27, Goo submitted a legal complaint against Choi for Special Act on Punishment of Sexual Violence, as well as threatening and coercion charges. In response, the police searched Choi’s residence, vehicle, and workplace and confiscated his personal belongings, such as his cellphone and flash drive. Moreover, they requested for a digital forensics procedure at the Seoul Metropolitan Government Cyber Crime Unit.

After organizing the evidence and argument from both parties, police determined that Choi did not leak the sex tape. However, they concluded that his action was considered as a serious injury charge, rather than a simple assault. As a result, they requested for an arrest warrant.

Regarding the warrant, the lawyer of Goo Hara briefly commented, “we have no further comment regarding the case.”

Original Article
Translated by Dasol Kim

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM!

Arrest Warrant for Rapper Jung Sang-Soo Dismissed by Judge

The arrest warrant for rapper Jung Sang-soo, who is accused of battery and disorderly conduct, has been dismissed by a judge.

Jung Sang-soo
Image source – South Town

On March 27, judge Kim Byung-chul who presides over the Seoul Southern District Court rejected the arrest warrant for Jung Sang-soo. Regarding the dismissal, Judge Kim explained that the evidence was insubstantial, and as such did warrant a further penalty.

Jung was arrested by police on March 22 on charges of battery towards two victims, referred to as “A” and “B” in Sillim-dong, Seoul. According to those familiar with the situation, Jung was inebriated at the time.

Once the incident was reported, he was put into custody and brought back Seoul Gumcheo Police Station. There, he was questioned by police but was uncooperative — kicking a desk and verbally abusing authorities.

However, although Jung narrowly escaped further penalty, the public’s opinion of him continues to plunge.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time Jung has created a ruckus with his drunken and violent behavior. To date, police have arrested the rapper five times. Last April he was in a bar fight. Two weeks later, Jung was booked for drinking and driving. Police caught him after he crashed into an unmoving vehicle in the opposite lane of traffic.

Since these arrests, Jung has reportedly attempted to keep a low profile and worked on music. According to his former agency South Town, he has been preparing for several music-related activities, including “Show Me The Money,” but discontinued due to persistent drinking and violence. Further, in December of last year, South Town parted ways with the rapper due to his behavior.

Meanwhile, Jung Sang-soo earned his claim to fame when he appeared on “Show Me The Money 3,” where his unique rapping made headlines. During this time, many viewers expressed disappointment when he suddenly disappeared after joining the producer’s team.

Notwithstanding, his subsequent re-appearance on the fifth edition of the show earned him praise and proved his potential as a star rapper. Fans and viewers viewed his somewhat erratic personality as adventurous and fresh.

Now, with five arrests, expectations for the talented rapper are disappearing.

 

 

Original article (1)(2)

Translated by O.C

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK